Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crock Pot Beef Stew

I've never been an enthusiastic cook before, but I've decided that I better start, for the benefit of my family and my pocket book :) I'm really happy to say that this one turned out really good. I found it here. Nick said it's the best homemade stew he's every eaten. That's the best compliment I've ever received from him about my cooking :)


2 lbs. stew meat in 1" cubes
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. beef broth
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic or chopped onion (I did both, mmm)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. paprika
4 sliced carrots
3 diced potatoes
1 stalk celery, diced

Put meat in crock pot, Mix flour, salt and pepper and add to meat. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours. Stir well before serving.

I like my stew gravy a little bit thicker than this recipe made, so I added some thickening at the end and let it finish cooking for the last hour.

No comments: